- Encourage Sharing– Have fans share a post on their personal page to increase awareness to their friends. Examples include offering a coupon only available for sharing, free entry to an event you’re hosting, incorporate charity component where $1 from every share is donated.
- Tag Like-Minded Fan Pages– Create a community, promote partnerships and expand your social presence to companies like yours persuades their fanbase to follow your fan page.
- Linkage for Likes– Incorporate links to your social media accounts on your website, printed materials, press relations and blog, employee email signatures…and everywhere you can think of.
- Incorporate Call To Actions– “Like this post if you agree” to encourage engagement. Or ask a question to learn more about your fans.
- Change Your Cover Photo– Ensure that the image is periodically updated. Do this seasonally, based on what is happening in the news or in your brand. Keep fresh content for maximum fan engagement.
- Host A Contest– Give away something on your property or linking to your community. Most things come down to “what’s in it for me” thought process so give fans a reason to follow your brand.
- Use hashtags– This is a relatively new feature Facebook rolled out; use to create awareness for marketing campaigns. Search for hashtags used by your customers and participate in their conversation; also search for your competitors to learn more about what is working.
- Review Analytics – Knowing your audience is a key marketing rule and the same is true in the social media capacity. With facebook providing analytics for each post created, learn what type of post gets most likes – photos, links, quotes, etc. – and when is most engagement occurring – weekends, nights, mornings. Utilize your findings for future posts to increase chance of showing up in fan’s newsfeed.
Looking for more tips? Facebook Says These Are The 20 Best Brands On The Social Network