With the influx of social media, mobile marketing, online advertising, some in the field think email marketing is dead. They’re dead wrong. With the right message, email marketing is even more effective than ever before.
Be consistent with your email marketing. Coordinate a schedule to send the e-blasts and stick to it giving the readers something to expect and appreciate. Stick to a design that works to increase brand recognition. Don’t forget to build your list at every opportunity you can: tradeshows, sales calls, promotions, etc.
Email marketing is still very valuable. Email still proves powerful social influence, according to a study by SocialTwist. Over an 18-month period, SocialTwist monitored 119 referral campaigns from leading brands and companies. The results showed a significant advantage to email’s ability to convert new customers compared to Facebook and Twitter. Of the 300,000 referrals who became new customers, 50.8 percent were reached by email, compared to 26.8 percent for Twitter and 22 percent for Facebook.
Here are some key objectives every email communication must possess:
- Timeliness – with the influx of messages to our inboxes, try strategically sending messages around days and times when other companies aren’t. This will make your email stand out.
- Value – what’s in it for the consumer?
- Call to action without being pushy
- Personalization – ensure this is the preferred type of communication for the recipient
- Share features incorporating social media
- Ensure the email is viewable on mobile devices (Stats say 48% of email is now opened on a mobile device)
To know if your email marketing is on the right track, review analytics including open rates and clicks. Is your list growing? Are your social outlets growing due to your communications? Do you know how many purchases are being made from your email?